Fleece Sale & Fiber Mill Info
Friday March 24, 2017 10 am – 7 pm
Saturday March 25, 2017 9 am – 5 pm
Wool is one of the easiest, most versatile and popular fibers to spin.
There are many different breeds of sheep, and each offers a different type of fleece (wool). The main classifications are fine wool, medium / crossbred wool, and long wool. Each comes in a variety of colors, lengths, crimp/curls, and textures.
Benefits of Wool:
Natural & Renewable
Strong & Durable
Blends Well with other fibers
Hand-Washable or Dry-Clean
To Consign Fleeces:
- There will be a $3.00 handling fee per fleece paid when the fleeces are entered. That fee is non-refundable.
- The number of fleeces is not limited.
- Fleeces may be delivered Thursday March 23, 2017 from 2 pm until 7:30 pm or Friday March 24, 2017 from 8 am to 10 am.
- The fleece sale hours are 10 am – 7 pm on Friday March 24 and 9 am – 5 pm on Saturday March 25.
- Fleeces must be in clear undamaged plastic bags.
- Fleeces must be marked with a tag indicating washed or unwashed status and the farm information. Information tags are provided.
- Please skirt fleeces to remove manure tags.
- Please make copies of your paperwork to help you remember what you brought.
- Fleece bags may be left open for display.
- Fleeces may be picked up from 3-5 on Saturday March 25, 2017. Any fleeces left after that time become the property of Carolina FiberFest.
- Carolina FIberFest is not responsible for lost, missing or damaged fleeces.
- Money collected for fleece sales will be paid by check and mailed to the consigner after the Festival ends.
Shepherd’s Gate Fiber Mill will be on hand to take any fleeces that you want processed.
Shepherd’s Gate Fiber Mill
Ann & Dan Payne, Alesia Moore
110 Boardwalk Dr.
Youngsville, NC 27596
Price sheet to be posted soon.